Are you aged 16-19? Not working, training or in education?
Brook are looking for volunteers on their Sex Positive campaign. Sex:Positive is an online campaign to challenge and change society’s negative attitudes towards young people and their sexuality. The campaign is creating a movement of people who pledge to create a Sex:Positive future. So far over 2000 people ranging from sexual health professionals, MPs and celebrities, including boy band JLS, as well as young people have pledged.
The volunteer team will play a key role in assisting with Brook’s Sex:Positive national campaign and working with the local community. You will be a valued member of the Brook team and be included in opportunities to promote and develop Sex Positive, speak at high key events and network for the charity with high profile organisations and celebrities.
For 24 hours a week for 24 weeks you will gain experience working on national campaign, develop new skills and meet new people.
Hours: 24 Hours (4 days) per week
Duration: 24 weeks
Start Date: 3 September 2012
Location: Brook Southwark, 1 Amelia Street, London, SE17 3PY (Map) Near Elephant & Castle tube.
You will get:
- Working on and promoting a national campaign
- Working in sexual health
- Making sure that young people’s voices and opinions are heard
- Listening to and working with your local community
- Work skills - communication, team work, IT systems, time management, admin
- Project specific skills - campaigning, public speaking, understanding sexual health
An Accreditation – get a qualification in Employability and Personal Development
Advice on planning your future
Volunteers can apply for a £250 Personal Development Grant to help them progress into further training, education or employment.
You will need to be
- Aged 16-19 years
- Not currently in employment, education or training
- Interested in sexual health
- Willing to learn and try new things
- Able to work as part of a small team
How to apply
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact Naomi Sheppard:
Phone: 07500 786 765
This looks like a great opportunity with Brook to get some really good skills and experience! Would be great to have some trans / LGBTQ youth working on this project.