Anna Grodzka is a Polish politician, and the first trans Member of Parliament in European History.
She was born in Otwock, Poland, and had a career in publishing and film-making before transitioning in 2010. She was elected to Polish parliament in the 2011 parliamentary elections as a candidate for the left-liberal Palikot’s Movement. Currently, she is the only trans MP in the world.
Her trans status has attracted controversy, with derogatory comments surfacing from other MPs, and mixed responses from the general public to her election.
However, Grodzka was nominated by her party and ran for the position of deputy speaker of Poland’s lower house of parliament in 2012, but was unsuccessful. She continues to serve as a Member of Parliament.
Check out more trans history on Gendered Intelligence’s ‘Trans History’ tag.
- mlle-annetoinette reblogged this from verycunninglinguist
- martyfreethrow likes this
- anglophrenic reblogged this from verycunninglinguist
- tardisalltheway likes this
- chokerofbones likes this
- undeadsidhe-inthetardis likes this
- verycunninglinguist reblogged this from genderedintelligence
- trappedinhistory reblogged this from genderedintelligence
- benzypoop likes this
- cousinnick reblogged this from genderedintelligence
- smegandtheheads likes this
- catbeef likes this
- zeldafan42 reblogged this from butscratcherrrr
- zachwithastrongh reblogged this from genderedintelligence
- princexvx likes this
- butscratcherrrr reblogged this from genderedintelligence
- theslaughteredkelpie likes this
- genderedintelligence posted this